Home > Tyne & Wear > South Shields > South Tyneside College > Marine Safety Training Centre
B&B Near Marine Safety Training Centre, Wapping Street, South Shields, NE33 1LQ
Are you looking for accommodation close to the Marine Safety Training Centre on Wapping Street, South Shields, NE33 1LQ?
The Marine Safety Centre on Wapping Street, South Shields, NE33 1LQ and it's neighbouring Fire Training Centre are training locations for Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (OPITO approved); Further Offshore Emergency Training; Universal Combined Survival and Firefighting; Basic Offshore European Refresher and Basic Offshore European Upgrade courses.
You can see two short videos of some marine safety training at the Wapping Street centre here...
If you are studying at the South Tyneside College's Marine School you may be interested to read the latest issue of their student magazine...
We have welcomed 1,000's of guests who were attending courses at South Tyneside College's Marine Safety Centre. If you are attending any of the above courses and are looking for accommodation within walking distance of Wapping Street in South Shields then please get in touch. As shown on the map below we are one mile from the Marine Safety Centre, around a fifteen minute walk from our bed and breakfast accommodation.
The image above shows the walking route between our guest house accommodation (shown as letter A on the map) and the Marine Safety Centre on Wapping Street aka Merchant Navy Fire Training School (shown as letter B on the map).
Why choose to stay with us...
- Competitively priced accommodation, less than local hotel room prices
- Contractor-friendly room rates
- Full English breakfast served from 6:30am seven days a week
- Free parking (including ample space for vans)
- Use of guest fridge and microwave during your stay
- Welcome to bring food including all take-aways into the guest house
- All rooms have large flat-screen digital TV's with Freeview
- Free WiFi
- 24/7 online booking, pay by cash or credit/debit card with no surcharges
- Exclusive online booking discounted extended stay rates for those staying three consecutive nights or more
- 24/7 check-in
- Keyless entry so if you are sharing a room each occupant can come and go as you please
- Free luggage storage
- Same-day laundry/ironing service (iron and ironing board in all bedrooms)
- Night-shift friendly - all rooms have black-out blinds at their windows
- Walking distance from 24 hour supermarket
- Few minutes walk from pubs, restaurants and take-aways
- Outside seating area for smokers
Here you can read reviews from previous guests who stayed at our accommodation whilst attending South Tyneside College's Marine Safety Training Centre...
5/5 Can't wait to come back.
Over the past 2 weeks I had 9 nights in this guest house. I was on courses at the local marine school and enjoyed my stay very very much. The first part of my stay was in the single room and although it was relatively small I didn't want for anything. At £25 a night (£30 if less than 3 nights) it was a bargain. During my second week I moved into the bigger double room for slightly more but again was more than happy. The only reason for the move was the single room was already booked or I'd have stayed in the same room.
The guest house only has 6 rooms so using the shared bathroom wasn't a problem at all, in fact in my entire stay I only saw other guests at breakfast time so it felt like I had the place to myself. The bathroom is huge with a big shower and a roll top bath. Bliss after a day fire fighting training. All very clean. Even has shampoo and shower gel provided. The rubber ducks and crocodile bath mat are a nice amusing touch too.
The breakfast is fresh and hot. The coffee plentiful as is fresh juice and toast. A fridge in the dining area is for your use as is the microwave if you over order at a local curry house.
Food is allowed in your room which isn't the case at a lot of other places. Parking is plentiful, again something that can't be said for other places.
On my course were another 6 people and all complained about their accommodation. I've no complaints AT ALL.
In the near future I will be bringing my wife to visit South Shields and we will be staying here. And simply can't wait.
Thank you very much.
Room was comfortable and had everything I needed during my stay. Breakfast was v good and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Guest feedback after a five night stay with us whilst taking a course at the nearby Marine Safety Centre in South Shields.
Dear Annie's. Thank you so much for taking care of me during my six week stay. I have been very happy with the cleanliness, food and breakfast and your effort in making my stay a very pleasant time. Kind regards.
- Feedback from a guest from Denmark who stayed with us for six weeks whilst studying and taking exams at South Tyneside College's Marine School.
Good value for money. Very friendly. And in a good place to local food places.
- Guest feedback after a three night stay in one of our en suite bedrooms whilst attending a course at South Tyneside College's Marine Safety Centre.
Really lovely guest house. Clean, comfortable rooms and lovely reception. On arrival I was greeted with a smile and staff were very friendly.
- Feedback from a guest who stayed with us for five nights whilst training South Tyneside College's Marine Training School.
Very pleasant, clean and staff are really friendly. If ever in South Shields again will happily return here. Great choices for breakfast. Thank you. 10/10
Very clean, very comfortable, very friendly, would recommend this guest house to anyone, very impressed at value for money.
Really good B+B. Comfy cosy and with a great breakfast. Handy for public transport. Very very good!
Comfortable, clean. AGH hosts are very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast is one of the best I have had when away from home. Hopefully will return in the future. Thank you.
Last online reservation received: Saturday 16th June 2018